Stay safely dressed this Halloween

If you’re thinking of dressing up for Halloween this year then make sure you take care and don’t give yourself a real-life fright.

Wearing a Halloween costume is great fun but remember the outfit you have on could easily catch fire from naked flames you may be near such as candles, fires, lighters and matches.

This is especially important with fancy dress costumes as many are currently not manufactured to the same safety standards as normal clothing. This can cause them to ignite almost instantly and burn far faster.
It is crucial therefore to make sure children wearing Halloween costumes are kept well away from naked flames and other sources of heat at all times.

If you are using Halloween pumpkins you should take extra care in lighting them and ensure that no loose clothing is near them at any time, particularly when they are being moved or carried.

If you are putting up Halloween decorations make sure they are placed well away from naked flames or heat sources.
Also, make sure that children are never left alone with candles and if using an open fire during Halloween festivities always use a fire guard.

If at all possible always make sure you use an LED battery operated tea light, which do not have a live flame, as opposed to normal tea lights and candles.

For fire safety advice for Halloween call Merseyside and Rescue Service on 0800 731 5958. It is outside office hours, please leave a message with your details and a contact number 0800 731 5958.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.