WHY THE MERSEYRAIL COMMUNITY STADIUM?
Southport Football Club are very proud to have their stadium named
“THE MERSEYRAIL COMMUNITY STADIUM” –
This is due to the following community contribution by Southport Football Club. Southport Football Club deliver their Community Programme via The Football Conference Community Foundation, funded by the Premier League and Professional Players Association. All funding is match funded so the club is always looking for community sponsors.
The club is very proud to hold the distinction of being an “FA Charter Community Club.”
The club has focused a great deal of their delivery in Primary Schools including curriculum in the classroom and coaching. Community coaches support the curriculum and coaching weekly during term time at schools which have include currently: Birkdale Primary, Marshside Primary, Norwood Primary School and St Philips Primary plus Stanley High School, Southport College and King George V College.
Southport Football Club have played a significant part in the exciting Multi Agency Street Games which has been held in identified areas requiring support during timetabled summer and autumn evenings via Sefton Sports Active Department. The aim is to encourage children to enjoy sport and be aware of the variety of sports clubs to join throughout the town.
- Raising Awareness of Young Adult Sudden Death Syndrome with Vital Sounds
charity-ongoing throughout year via Southport College/BTEC initiative and Charity Tournament.
- Inclusive policy for Soccer Camps with Housing Associations and Corporate Parenting.
- Young mothers with Baby Ballet. Weekly term time-Monday mornings.
- Zumba classes every Wednesday 6-7pm and Thursdays 10-11am.
- Southport Juniors Development and May Football Tournament. May weekend(two day) tournament. On going Juniors FA Community Charter Status. Coaching development with FA/ Safeguarding/First Aid/Coaching courses.
- Adopting inclusive policy for Southport Football Club’s soccer camps via Corporate Parenting and One Vision Housing.
- Match day half time five/seven a side junior experience at Merseyrail Community Stadium.
- Weekly Weight Watchers sessions-every Wednesday morning.
- Deliver health/fitness/exercise activities in partnership with multi agencies. Via Street Games, Primary School Curriculum/Coaching and Southport Juniors.
- Merseycare/NHS Thanks for the Memories weekly delivery on Tuesday mornings- the club were awarded the “Best Project For Older People “ at the Football Conference’s Annual General Meeting 2015 at Celtic Manor.
- Supporting Man Down NHS project.
CHAMPION YELLOW BIRD JUNIOR CLUB
Sponsored by Champion Newspaper-each primary school child in Southport can pick up from the club shop free entry credit style card.
Everyone at Southport Football Club would like to thank Merseyrail for their tremendous community support.